Oh look, I have been nominated for another award! I’m hoping one of these days I might actually win an award for all my efforts because then I’ll have an incentive to build a trophy case.
So I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, which I’m guessing is an award for those with the brightest personality. Well I’m flattered, but I’m not sure if you would describe me as sunny, to put it frankly.
This award is kind of like The Versatile Blogger Award I did almost 6 months back. I guess it’s also like The Blog Complainer’s Appreciation Award that of course I created. This award is basically the same thing. Interacting with other WordPress people, talking about yourself and spreading the love.
So the Rules Are ….
- Display your nomination in front of your audience and state below a list of requirements.
- Thank the lovely person who nominated you and leave a link to their sunshine filled website.
- Answer 11 beautiful questions that the lovely person left for you and 10 other lovely people.
- Nominate 11 other lovely people.
- After that give those lovely people your own set of 11 beautiful questions.
- Once you’ve done all those steps, wait around until you forget you’re still waiting to receive your Sunshine Blogger Award. (This is not an actual rule, but just the depressing side of being nominated for an award.)
I was nominated by none other than K at the Movies who very kindly picked me along with 10 other people. Thanks for nominating me K. I really appreciate it as I had a lot of fun developing this post, answering your interesting questions and making that thumbnail. Cheers.
11 Questions & Answers
So here are the questions I was given and my best attempt to answer them.
Question 1: What is your favourite Score or Soundtrack to a film or television show?
Interesting question, I have heard tons of amazing musical scores over the years. I have been rewatching Game of Thrones because of the final season approaching and that initially was my answer. It was a close call in the end but I settled on The Lord of the Rings as all three movies and even The Hobbit movies are filled with some spectacular musical pieces.
Question 2: What is one piece of media you would like to see adapted to a different medium?
I had to think on this one for awhile but I was taking this question as if it was referring to video games. Video game movies have been known to be complete dribble over the years. I can’t really see Agent 47, Nathan Drake or Mario and Luigi really working in movies because games and movies have very different formats.
Companies seem to be getting the idea now and I would also agree that TV would be the way to go as it’ll offer a lot more room to adapt these games properly. My original answer was anything from Rockstar Games as they’re the closest to TV shows inside of a video game. I think a good Max Payne or Grand Theft Auto 5 television show would be great. If I had to pick one it’ll be their latest, Red Dead Redemption II, as if they just followed the main story of the game it would make a great TV Show.
Question 3: A movie studio has decided to make a movie based on your phobia/fear. What is the title of that movie?
Hmmm, a movie based on my worst fear. I’ve always viewed myself as pretty fearless. I’m not stupid but I’m no Bear Grylls and I’m no daredevil adrenaline junkie! If I had to say what would scare me the most it is water. I love drinking it but I was never competent at swimming in school. So if I can’t see the edge or any piece of land, then I might be releasing my own waters!
If I had to name my movie I guess it’ll be like that 2006 horror movie Adrift, where a bunch of teens are trapped in water and can’t get back on the boat so they just slowly drown. My movie would be called Drowning with Sharks. (I’m not a big fan of sharks either and, who knows, it might do well in China.)
Question 4: What is one post or article you’ve written that doesn’t get enough love, you feel is underrated and that you’d like more people to see?
K even called this a shameless plug for myself, but still it is an interesting question. You obviously can’t control what people view on your site so you’re always going to have that one post that you wish received more attention.
This was a tough one but I ended up going with my review on The Santa Clause Trilogy. It is 13 minutes long, but I think it gives you a good insight of all three movies and it’s one of the reviews I’m most proud of. I know it’s meant for Christmas time but trust me it’s worth a read anytime.
Question 5: “Your Childhood is Ruined!” when someone decides to make a terrible reboot or remake of what?
I’m not really a fan of saying ‘My childhood is ruined’ because I think it’s a dumb term to use. I’m only ever annoyed by a reboot when they completely miss the point of the original, but I’ll never say my childhood was ruined. I guess the only time I might be scared for life is when they turn something from my childhood that looked cute and harmless in stop motion and now they’re 3D animated characters. My example for this is Bob the Builder and, oh God, what have they done to him!
To answer this question I would have said Ben 10 but that has actually happened and I hate it! I would be pretty peeved if they rebooted Total Drama Island and it got the Ben 10 reboot treatment. I guess then you could say my childhood is ruined.
Question 6: You are joining a band, what instrument will you play?
This question was pretty easy for me as I can only play one instrument. I have been learning to play the piano so I guess that’s my answer.
Question 7: What is your favorite color?
Another easy question. My favourite colour is blue because it’s a nice looking colour. Black and white and any other dull colour also aren’t that bad.
Question 8: For some odd reason, you must give a show-and-tell presentation at this point in your life. What are you bringing?
In my free time I like to create comic books so if I was in some sort of nightmare where I’m still in Primary School I guess I’d show off the comic books that I’ve made. Or my Blog Complainer pen might be interesting enough to show off.
Question 9: What is an unsolved mystery that you wish you knew the answer to?
My answer is several but it’s all connected to the same thing. I wish I knew all the answers to the hit TV show Lost, because Lost was infamous for setting up some cool mysteries and not giving us the answers to those cool mysteries. I know there is alot of things we don’t know about our planet, but I think the real hero would be the guy who knew the answer to what was up with that Island?
Question 10: You are given a magic phone with a T-Mobile Fave 5 plan that allows you unlimited calls to any fictional characters. Who’s in your 5?
I have never heard of this plan so I spent ages deciphering this question. (Don’t worry, I’m always misreading things.) So basically I have an unlimited amount of calls for 5 fictional characters of my choosing. So my answer goes as follows:
- Data from Star Trek: Next Generation. I mainly based my answer on if I was Geordi and we were having a backwards/forwards type thing on the relationship between Humans and Androids or whatever.
- Professor Dumbledore from Harry Potter. Dumbledore always sounded like a very welcoming person in the movies. I imagine we would have a very insightful conversation over the phone.
- Agent Cooper from Twin Peaks. Agent Cooper is a bit of a weirdo but he’s also really cool. I think the main reason I would call him is just so I can hang out with him and his team.
- Spider-Man. Not Peter Parker or Miles Morales, just Spider-Man! When done right Spider-Man is a really cool guy who is always friendly and willing to offer a hand. I just think talking on the phone to Spider-Man would make for an interesting conversation, especially since I know his secret identity.
- Garrus from Mass Effect. I wanted to include one video game character and there is alot to choose from in the Mass Effect trilogy. I went with Garrus because he can become your best pal and from experience I know we’re going to have a fun time.
Question 11: You’ve won a free trip in a time machine, you cannot interact with anything but you can witness anything your heart desires… where is it taking you?
A one destination time machine. There is a lot I can do. I could go into the future or the past, view my past or future self or I could resolve some unanswered mysteries about the universe. Or I could just go and spend the rest of my days in the future. (It was never specified how long my time travel trip would be.)
Surprisingly none of those are my answers. I have been to a lot of concerts over the years such as Paul McCartney, Elton John, Queen, Fleetwood Mac etc. I would spend my token on seeing one of these bands in their hey day or seeing a band or famous singer who died or had broken up long before my time. For my final answer I’m going for a reasonable time period like the 2000’s and I always wanted to see Michael Jackson perform live as I was never into his music until years after his death.
11 Lucky Nominees
So now it’s time to pass the torch to 11 very lucky nominees. You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to, it’s just some fun. (We’re all friends here.) All these people are very talented and I highly recommend checking them all out. So here they are:
Number 1: Brizzy Mays Books and Bruschetta
Number 2: The Animation Commendation
Number 3: BeautyBeyondBones
Number 4: AZ At The Movies
Number 5: Lee’s Movie Reviews
Number 6: Pointless Overthinking
Number 7: Duplicate My Success
Number 8: Sincerely Defiant
Number 9: Jordan and Eddie
Number 10: Energized and Salty
Number 11: Freebie! I guess I’m breaking the rules but I prefer to view it as bending the rules. I like to see it as giving everyone a chance to be a nominee, a chance to get more involved in the community, letting loose the vast potential of your imagination, to share life experiences and of course it’s fun to create and see people’s reactions to your post and then watch your nominees make their own post. So yeah, my number 11 spot goes to You, the one reading this post.
My 11 Questions
I tried making my questions as unique and interesting as I possibly could, but only you can decide if these questions are good or not:
- Which fictional character would you go on a date with?
- An underrated movie you wish to see a reboot of?
- What’s your favourite type of weather?
- If you were strapped to a chair and forced to watch one movie that you absolutely hated what would it be?
- A movie studio decides to make a movie based on your life. Who would you like to play yourself?
- A magical fairy gives you a choice to remain the same age for the rest of your life. What age would you choose?
- You have been given the chance to go on the holiday you have always dreamed of. Where are you going?
- If you could go back in time and tell your younger self something important, what would you tell him/her?
- If you could pick a basic survival need that you didn’t have to do what would it be?
- Favourite TV show to binge watch or repeatedly watch?
- The thing you’re most proud of?
So that’s The Sunshine Blogger Award completed. I have done my part, so all you have to do is spread the love by sharing this post, checking out other people who did the challenge like I have and also by trying out this challenge for yourself. I’m also calling this my 2019 Easter special. I’m not sure when else I’ll get a chance to say this so I’m say it now – I hope you all enjoy your Easter holidays and enjoy those chocolate eggs. (Unless you don’t eat chocolate then just enjoy the holidays.) Until next time I have been The Blog Complainer, Signing Out.