Hello everybody, it’s me, your recently nominated Blogger Person. (Or the Blog Complainer will do too.)
On Monday, in the comment section of Anti’s top 25 list, I got a comment from one of my loyal followers that I have been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award and I was like … “What’s that?” I looked into it and according to The Versatile Blogger Award website: https://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/ (where I presume it all began) it’s where Blogger People nominate their favourite Blogger personality for how much heart and passion they put into their work. When chosen, they are nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award, which basically means you have got something to brag about in group conversations and now I’m one of them! Ha!
Once you’re nominated you have to adhere to the following rules because you don’t get nominated for things for free.
Rule Number 1: Thank the Blogger Person who thanked the Blogger Person before you who also thanked the Blogger Person before your thanker who then thanked the Blogger Person before your thanker’s thanker who kindly thanked the Blogger Person before your thanker’s thanker’s thanker who voluntarily thanked…..
Rule Number 2: Leave a link to the Blogger Person’s site that you just thanked.
Rule Number 3: List 7 facts about you because you can’t be too selfless.
Finally Rule Number 4: Nominate 15 other Blogger People to do the same thing you just did. (Also leave links to those other Blogger People’s sites.)
So this list of instructions is kind of like that Ice Bucket Challenge from a couple years back except in this version you don’t have to look like an dumb idiot on camera. Let’s get started shall we.
Thank The Person Who was also a part of a long and complicated history of other thankers:
As far as I’m aware only one person nominated me so you’re only going to hear one thank you from me. Thank You Sally Silverscreen from 18 Cinema Lane for kindly picking me and 14 other Blogger people. I really appreciate it. I never thought I’d be nominated for anything and now I have, so thanks Sally. (Never thought I’d get this emotional over a nomination.)
Link to thanker’s site, Boom! there you go: https://18cinemalane.wordpress.com/
Next up is 7 fun facts that you probably didn’t know about me:
Number 1: My older audience probably know this already but, to those who don’t, over 6 months ago, before The Blog Complainer, I released a couple of reviews on a site called Moviequotesandmore.com between February and April 2018. Long story short I got a bit fed up and moved over to WordPress. Here’s a link to easily access them: https://theblogcomplainer.com/2018/05/17/my-old-reviews/
Number 2: The Blog Complainer first launched on May the 4th, also known as Star Wars Day, and I vividly remember messing around with website names until WordPress finally accepted one of them.
Number 3: My arch nemesis The Anti Blog Complainer was born on the 9th of July 2018 the day I released my Mamma Mia review. He was created because some people I personally knew were afraid of me bashing on the movie too hard, so lo and behold I quickly came up with the saviour of all negativity. Mamma Mia Review: https://theblogcomplainer.com/2018/07/09/a-look-back-on-mamma-mia/
Number 4: That name you see under the title of these blogs is my real name, the idea was that 15 years from now when I have reached my dream goal, I can say this is where I started. (Also your work looks better if you’ve got your name on it, that’s what I learned in school.)
Number 5: My dream goal is to become an author. I have been making up stories and comics for many years, one of my proudest achievements is my current comic book series that I work on in my free time and it’s currently in it’s third year. My goal with The Blog Complainer is that I hope to use the skills I have learned to be able to write my own novel one day.
Number 6a: According to my mother I have been watching movies since I was a little tyke. If you wanted baby me to shut up just put on a movie and you’ll never see me again for the rest of the day. So if you wanted to know where my cynical nature came from, there you go.
Number 6b: But really it’s from watching multiple movies, TV shows, playing tons of Video Games, reading heaps of books and watching a lot of YouTube videos. I like watching people talk about stuff that I like. My YouTube recommended section is normally full of movie related videos because I love movies and I like listening to other people talk about movies. (Because I’m never around any friends to do that by myself.)
Number 7: Also when I first started the BC this was my original avatar. I was in a Twilight phase back then.
The 15 Nominees to do the same thing that I’m currently doing:
15!!! Are you serious!! (Moans.) Okay I’m going to try my best. I don’t know how many of you check in with 15 different blogger people on a regular basis because I certainly don’t have the time to do that. So in no particular order:
1. Smash Cut: I’ve read a couple of his reviews in the past and they’re pretty good. He writes better paragraphs then I ever could: https://smashcutsite.wordpress.com/
2. The Literacy Gangster: I’m not overly familiar with her work but I have read a few of her short stories and I quite liked them, also I like the name Literacy Gangster, I wish I could change my name: https://theliterarygangster.com/
3. Lee’s Movie Reviews: His reviews look very professional and I like that he shows how late or early he is to watch a movie: https://moviemeisterreviews.com/
4. Plutorawr: She sent me one of her poems about a month ago now and here’s me returning the favour by mentioning her again: https://plutorawr.com/
5. todayiwatchedamovie: I noticed he likes a lot of my content and he writes very short reviews – so short it’s like getting the summarised version of any of my reviews. I envy him: https://todayiwatchedamovie.com/
6. Brizzy Mays Books and Bruschetta: She’s been following me almost since the beginning and she’s always liked my worked. Her site is very welcoming and I imagine if we ever met in real life we’ll probably have a very nice time. She reviews books and blogs most of the time which is something I lack: https://brizzymaysbooksandbruschettasite.wordpress.com/
7. VintageRetroMan: I liked his Pacman poem and I wish I could make money off selling my nerdy artifacts: https://vintageretroman.com/
8. Energized and Salty: Kyrios writes some impressive content. He writes some good analyses, he is really entertaining and I feel ashamed I’m not into Anime because I believe I’m missing out on something: https://energizedandsalty.wordpress.com/
9. BeautyBeyondBones: Here is someone who has reached their dream. She’s got a book, she wants to help people and she is very open about her life. She’s basically a good role model to follow: https://beautybeyondbones.com/
10. HannieBee Games: Anything Video Games related is always going to grab my interest. Especially discussions which is something I always like to do with movies. HannieBee makes some insightful video game related topics which is quite an interesting read: https://hanniebeegames.wordpress.com/
11. The Appreciation Enthusiast: Ant truly lives up to his given name as he makes a lot of discussion type blogs which I find quite fascinating and I really like his Avatar, it looks really cool: https://appreciationenthusiast.com/
12. Piper Dog: Piper Dog has liked some of my stuff and I have never gotten any appreciation from a dog before, I feel very lucky and he’s got some unique content: https://bradypiper.wordpress.com/
These two may sound like a cop out but that’s mostly because I don’t go on enough websites to make it to 15, so at 13 & 14 if you go onto the main Versatile Award site and if you haven’t been nominated before and you believe you reach the qualifications here you can have my Number 13 to 14 spot.
15. The Anti Blog Complainer: This list took about 2 hours to make and I’m beyond caring at this point. Also it’ll give that idiot something to do besides binge watch 70 different TV shows a night.
There you go. 15-ish nominees, I just showed you how its done, I’ll be interested to see what you nominees do, but you don’t have to do it if you don’t want too. I’m not pressuring you and if you have done it before just redo the same post again but this time thank me.
That’s it from me except I want to end this with something exciting so let’s end this with something that I definitely didn’t just make up:
The Blog Complainer’s Appreciation Award
This is somewhat similar to the thing I just did so here is how this works:
- If you are chosen you must complete the following instructions (Again not forcing you, this is just some fun)
- Mention who made this thing you’re currently doing and mention who picked you.
- Name your top 5 (Something): it could be anything and since I’m the chooser we’re doing top 5 favourite snacks because who doesn’t like snacks.
- Next is to mention something about yourself: this can be different too, so for starters what’s you favourite pastime and you can cheat and just say it’s to eat snacks. (That’s what I would do, but you’re not me so try to be more creative.)
- The Last thing you have to do is complete a small Challenge: which could also be anything and doesn’t have to be limited to a written median (get creative) so for starters in 5 minutes write a small paragraph about your favourite movie. (I almost said food again.)
Once you have done all those, that’s it. Now you can make up your own top 5, mention something about yourself and your own small challenge. Then you pick four people to do your challenge because I don’t want any of you spending all that time thinking of 20 people to do a silly challenge made up by some random cynical guy on the internet. Also you win the Appreciation Award which is basically just a pat on the back.
I nominate the people I mentioned in this post and to anyone who likes this post so good luck to you all. That’s it for another entry from yours truly, so now if you’ll excuse me I’ve got places to go because I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award and I need to do some more bragging.
Until Next Time, Blog Complainer, Signing Out.